With the advent of Chatter Topics, your users can now collaborate around common topics by simply hashtagging their Chatter posts. This is a huge step forward and allows companies to implement Twitter-like workflows within their organizations.
But this is where consumer and corporate solutions butt heads. Salesforce.com is a robust CRM platform (and more), but simply hashtagging a post is sometimes not enough. For example, you may want to associate a hashtagged post with a record or Chatter group in Salesforce.com but still post from your home page. This is exactly what CopyTopic for Chatter does.
CopyTopic for Chatter enables users to post and comment directly from their home page (or Desktop/Mobile Client), hashtag their posts and have those posts automatically copy to the standard / custom object record or Chatter group of their choice.
CopyTopic for Chatter Features and Benefits:
- Copies hashtagged posts to standard/custom object records or Chatter Groups of your choice
- A single post with multiple hashtags will copy to multiple records or Chatter Groups
- Simplifies entry for end users - they only have to post from the Home Page
- Subsequent comments to posts against Home Page are copied to original post on related object
- Works with attachments and URLs - they will be copied along with the post
- Users can enter posts from their Home Page, Chatter desktop or Chatter mobile client
- Quick installation and configuration